We implement the 5S method to help eliminate waste, streamline production and optimize efficiencies.
Implementing the 5S Method
We implement 5S in the following ways:
- SORT - Eliminate unneeded items from the ones you need.
- SET IN ORDER / STABILIZE - Keep needed items in the correct place to allow for easy retrieval.
- SHINE - Clean the workplace and look for ways to keep it clean.
- STANDARDIZE – Program and normalize the maintenance of the first 3 S’s.
- SUSTAIN - Stick to the rules. Show real progress. Recognize success.
At Cornerstone, we have modified Shine to include sanitation steps that align with CDC recommendations to stop the spread of COVID-19. We also added social distancing checks and queues to further comply with CDC recommendations.